Renting a car from us at ARN Car Rental is easy and convenient. We always make sure to make it as simple as possible for you as a customer to rent a car.
How to book
- Fill in the booking form
- Pay online or pay when you pick up the car. Please note: When paying online, you must bring the same payment card when the rental car is picked up, and the name on the payment card must correspond to the name of the person renting the card.
- Booking confirmation will be sent to your e-mail address.
- We will pick you up at the terminal on the day of the rental, and drive you to our depot.
Pick up your rental car
If you arrive by plane, please fill in your flight number in the booking form. We will then pick you up at the right time from the terminal you are arriving at. If you arrive by any other means of transportation, you can call us 15 minutes before you arrive, and we will pick you up at a convenient location.
On the day of the rental, we will check the car together for any existing damages, and go through important information. The same inspection is made when returning the car to check that there are no new damages, and to verify that the car is returned with fuel and in otherwise good condition.
Paying for your rental car
You pay for the rental car when you make the booking on the website, or alternatively on site when you pick up your booked car. Please note that if you pay online directly when booking the car, you must bring the same payment card when you pick up the car.
Returning the rental car
You return the car by driving back to our depot at Arlanda. Our office is open 24 hours a day, and you can return the car day and night. When you return the car, we inspect it again, just as we did when you first rented the car, to check for new damages, If you have chosen to return the car with a full tank, we also check that the car has a full tank of fuel.
When you do the booking, you have the right to change your mind until midnight two days before the starting date for the rental, free of charge. If you cancel the booking any later than midnight two days before the starting time and date of the rental, you will be charged a booking fee of 500 SEK and an administration fee of 150 SEK, in total 650 SEK (or the corresponding amount in another currency).
Insurance information ARN Car Rental
Basic insurance – Excess fee 8,500 SEK
Excess Reduction Coverage reduces the costs for the person renting the car if the car is damaged in the following events: vehicle damage, traffic accident damages (third party), fire damages, glass damages, legal protection, rescue and recovery, providing that the damages were not caused in the event of fraud, theft or attempted theft. The excess fee is set out in General Terms and Conditions - Rental Agreement.
Damages must be reported immediately to ARN Car Rental. For the Excess Reduction Coverage to apply, the person who rented the vehicle is required to fill out, sign and hand over a damage report form to ARN Car Rental.
Excess Cover – No Excess fee
Excess Cover eliminates the excess fee to 0 SEK in all damage events, providing that the damages were not caused in the event of fraud or theft with key. Excess Cover cannot be taken out without taking out BSF Basic Insurance. All information on excess can be found in ARN Car Rental’s Terms and Conditions for Car Rental.
Damages must be reported immediately to ARN Car Rental. For the Excess Cover to apply, the person who rented the vehicle is required to fill out, sign and hand over a damage report form to ARN Car Rental.
Exceptions and obligations
The insurance does not cover:
- Extra rented equipment, damages caused by negligence or carelessness, e.g. carelessly loaded car, stained or broken car interiors, broken controls, smoking and similar, damages caused by running out of fuel or using the wrong fuel, if the vehicle is stolen with the keys, or if the person renting the car cannot return the keys to the vehicle.
The customer’s obligations:
- In the event of damages the customer must immediately provide ARN Car Rental with a damage report. In the event of parking damages, hit-and-run, theft or animal collision, the customer must file a police report, and if possible provide witness statements.
- If the customer forgets to return the keys to the car, ARN Car Rental will charge for the unused rental time.
- If a driver under 25 causes damages, there will be an added excess fee of 2,000 SEK.
- For mini buses and vans, there is an additional charge of 1,500 SEK per claim and claim element.
- If you are under 25, an additional 100 SEK is automatically added to the car rental rate.